This post is also available in: Français
Microdermabrasion : what exactly is it?
Microdermabrasion consists of projecting micro exfoliating crystals onto the skin to break up the surface layer and eliminate the dead cells. The treatment encourages the renewal of cells through the production of collagen. With improved circulation, your skin regains a better texture and its elasticity is thus reinforced.
Because it destroys the surface layer of the skin, microdermabrasion causes slight tingling and warmth. It is more of a discomfort than pain. If this is not your case, do not hesitate to tell the technician during your appointment!
In what situations is microdermabrasion effective?
Microdermabrasion is effective for treating the face, the neckline and the neck and the hands. The more time spent on the area to be treated, the deeper the abrasion will be.
Microdermabrasion is indicated for treating:
- lines and wrinkles;
- sagging of the skin;
- dilated pores;
- dull complexion;
- brown spots.
The benefits of microdermabrasion
The abrasive action of micro crystals on your skin:
- restores a more uniform, luminous complexion;
- rejuvenates the skin’s appearance and gives it a better texture;
- reduces wrinkles and brown spots;
reduces irregularities, which are mainly due to the acne scars and imperfections
The importance of carefully choosing your care provider !
Even if microdermabrasion is not a cosmetic surgery, it nevertheless requires essential precautions for your safety! When looking for a care provider, keep in mind the following in making your choice!
Reliable professionals will ensure:
- that they identify and confirm contraindications. If you have a lesion or particular skin disorder, the technician must be able to offer you the suitable treatment … maybe even postpone it until later if it is risky!
- always give good advice before and after the treatment to minimize the undesirable effects!
- recommend specific products and treatments to apply.
- clearly explain each step of the procedure to reassure you!